Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Jewelry Designer Roxanne Assoulin's Bright Idea - HarpersBAZAAR.com

We’ve been smitten with Roxanne Assoulin’s playfully nostalgic jewelry since day one and our exclusive ShopBAZAAR Hero is a match made in heaven. Featuring the designer’s signature enamel beads, we collaborated with the brand to create a contrasting duo of vibrant hues and sleek metallics. This perfect stack adds personality to any outfit, but looks just as good when flying solo. And better late than never: if you’re still on the hunt for a standout gift, look no further. Or better yet, gift yourself.

image
Roxanne Assoulin, Jewelry Designer

Courtesy of Brand

Describe the beginnings of your label.
It was 2016 and I was playing with some colorful tiny handmade ceramic tiles that I’ve had in my office for over 30 years. That was the beginning of an idea that later evolved into our rainbow enamel bracelets. I called in a few close friends (Leandra Medine, Selby Drummond, and Sam Broekema) to see what they thought. Obviously, they said it was a go. Leandra posted herself wearing a stack and we sold out within a day. It was unusual as we had the product before we had any kind of strategy. I had zero experience in e-commerce or direct-to-consumer, so I had to learn as I stumbled along.

I hope it makes them smile. I hope it sparks conversation. I hope that it make someone’s day a little brighter. It's all about joy and connection.

Vision behind the brand?
For much of my career, I have designed for other brands and designers. When we started this business, it seemed like a magical way to work with color. There wasn’t a vision per se, but a desire to keep moving towards a life that was simpler and less complicated. Accessories that were friendly, democratic, and made people smile. There was a kind of childlike quality about it.

What makes the exclusive ShopBAZAAR Hero bracelets so special?
This is the first time we’ve ever sold a metallic and rainbow bracelet in the same set. There are so many options—wear and share, stack them together, or decide which suits your mood best.

Opposites Attract Bracelet Set

ShopBAZAAR

Opposites Attract Bracelet Set

Roxanne Assoulin shopbazaar.com

$165.00

The inspiration behind the collection?
I get asked this all the time and I really don’t know. Nowhere. Everywhere. I’m most inspired when I’m relaxed and when my mind is quiet. I’m inspired by art, by patterns and stripes, by Instagram, by kindness, kites, canoes, surfboards, and argyle sweaters. It literally comes from every nook and cranny...

image
Hanging moodboard at the offices of Roxanne Assoulin.

Courtesy of Brand

What is a signature Roxanne Assoulin design feature?
The shapes are very simple, clean, and graphic. What we try and do is to make it easy to wear. I wear a uniform—I always have, in that I don’t wear a lot of color. But I LOVE color, so I wear it on my wrists and neck.

image

Courtesy of Brand

What do you think sets your brand apart from others?
Nobody has ever done this. I designed all the beads and it wasn’t out there before. I’ve been around for a long time, so I knew it was special.

I think it speaks for itself and always has. I’m its biggest critic. It must look better in person than in pictures and I think it looks pretty great in pictures. It also has to be comfortable—I won’t wear anything that’s not. My standards are pretty high.

image
Making the ShopBAZAAR Hero bracelets.

ShopBAZAAR

What do you want your pieces to achieve for its wearers?
I hope it makes them smile. I hope it sparks conversation. I hope that it make someone’s day a little brighter. It’s all about joy and connection.

Words that describe the Roxanne Assoulin customer?
Creative. Kind. Enthusiastic. Inclusive. Generous of spirit....

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Jewelry" - Google News
December 24, 2019 at 07:00AM
https://ift.tt/35YY8P2

Jewelry Designer Roxanne Assoulin's Bright Idea - HarpersBAZAAR.com
"Jewelry" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2rkMtea
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment